DogFight 2003 DogFight 2003

I liked it, good pacing, homage piece

This is a cool piece, true to the silent pictures, pacing sets us up, hero and villain each have their own soundtrack, great lint and camera scratches-- did this take long; it looks obsessive but great, the music is really awesome and crisp, the biplanes, are part of them made in swift 3D?

True to form the projector has technical difficulty, love it, I love the machine gun sparks. Just out of curiousity, what had you revisit an older project?

(old vers)Dead Rain 5 (old vers)Dead Rain 5

So much work and just some more to be awesome

Damn that sound, and not just because it interrupt the story, the file chugged flash. Please score a copy of Cleaner 6(formerly Media Cleaner) and before your sound goes into flash, run it thru this program, you will drop so much of your sound files size, flash will then be able to focus on animating. Example: I dropped 50 mb 48,000kb stereo sound to 22,000kb mp3 stereo and it came done to 1.5 mbs just by running it through Cleaner. Sound just inherently has a lot of crap in it.

Another way to make your animation flow, because you have so much going on and your really doing a great job of pushing Flash, you having moving siloettes in the background, the outlines of zombies I mean. Instead of using symbols of the actual zombies that consist of complicated filles and lines or bitmaps, use simple shapes, like black circles symbols streched to look like the zombies in the background and have those sway back and forth. No one will know the difference and they will tax flash a lot less then the zombie symbols.

I don'r want to comment on your editing, because the overall story seemed to move slow because of the sound and playback. I'm on a titanium G4 with cable modem, so it's not my machine, you really have a lot of stuff going on. Some stuff seems like you could have cut faster, but the fighting with the Zombies and handheld camera situation is classic and awesome, it really felt like it was handheld and foreground/background movements all happened independently of each other.

Great job, but for the amount of work that you did, I really encourage you to go all the way. I will check out your other episodes.

SickDeathFiend responds:

Im about to update this with better synching.I dont know why you say to use blacked out zombies, because.. I DID..also flash is known to run slow on macs, and isnt the g4 kind of old?
Im not sure.It runs pretty smooth on my machine.Try low or med quality.
I think I'm the first to have The shaky cam effect! someone let me know if I'm not.Ihavent seen any other flash with it ;)
thanks for the review.

X-mas Greetings, NG X-mas Greetings, NG

Perfect for the holidays

Your set up and timing was great. Download fast. Movement and art direction awesome, then you deliver. I want to send this, I'm sick of angels and damn reindeers. I'm also glad you didn't go all the way with blood and gore, it would have ruined the piece. Great job.

Proto-Deu$ Proto-Deu$

Wonderful, but I want more

I really dug the world you've made and would love to see it as a 3D environment with after effects elements. Like really pushing the clockworks metaphors and style all the way and giving it visual depth. How wonderful and terrifying a real fruit clock could appear to the viewer. I would love to see more.

Johnny-Cancer responds:

The scary thing is, I cannot honestly tell if your being sarcastic. God help me, this doesn't set off my sarcasm radar but still gives me a wierd feeling.

Cat Gang Cat Gang

Totally cool, can't wait to see more!

Damn, how long did this take to make! Wow, great work, clean animation, pacing slower than most, but the seires might explain it and it establishes the characters. Some sound levels had to be turned up at points, but the preloader game is an awesome solution for the download time, and then the cartoon itself mixing bimaps and flash really works cool. Some really great key framing on the cat when it's leaping to the light and fighting the gang. Recover from making this giant and I can't wait to see more.

Till death do us part Till death do us part

Brutal, but pushing flash

There is so much aweful use of flash for self expression, that even though this made me want to vomit, it made me remember the feeling of being a kid in an out of controlled family life. Very few times does anyone get a wow out of me with flash, even less that they get an emotion. This must have taken months to do. You should put it on tape and send it out to film festivals.

.HELLBOY. .HELLBOY.

Strong animation and technical skill, but

I'm a huge Hellboy fan because of the design and the way the stories are told. HB isn't like batman that is always on the watch for monsters. Usually an event happens and he has to track it down. You had the fight scene down, the big gun and then the big hand. You built nice tension in the in the sewer with the rat and water drips. Yet the look of it in your character design is very soft and rounded, where Hellboy is extremely chiselled characters and severe colors. Also, how did you get permission from Blur, Portishead, and the others to use their music. If you have their sign off, way cool, if not, it's a law suit waiting to happen. I would also get the real Darkhorse logo by contacting their corporate marketing department. People get sensative about their logos.